Raise your hand if you ate and drank your weight in bread, cheese, and wine last week. 🙋🏻 I love food-based holidays and long weekends and I definitely took full advantage of both of them last week. And it was glorious. But I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t feeling the fact that I had been eating everything in sight by the time Sunday rolled around. Guess it’s time to start eating some vegetables again.
Sundays are my day to make a big-batch recipe to eat for lunches during the week. This week, I went with one of my favorite detox recipes, which are just recipes that are packed with ingredients I feel good about but are also satisfying. Below are my favorite healthy recipes that I rotate through. I switch up the ingredients to these recipes a bit depending on what I have in the house or what I’m in the mood for.
My Favorite Detox Recipes
- Roasted Brussel Sprout and Yam Quinoa Salad (pictured) – I always add roasted red onions because they’re delicious.
- Mushroom Poblano Posole Verde – I usually opt for white beans instead of hominy, which probably means what I make isn’t posole at all but I like the added protein.
- Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Power Salad
- Black Bean Salad with Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad – I really like quinoa salads.
- Brown Rice Salad with Spice-Roasted Carrots, Feta + Pine Nuts
As much as I love a holiday weekend, I definitely do better with some routine in my life. So it was nice to do some Sunday food prep and get back into my groove this week. Even if yesterday was maybe literally the longest Monday of my life.